A great software to manage our continuous development!
Our organization has a very specific functioning and the software on the market for this sector does not match.
We were able to really integrate our own way of working.
Other software would probably have met 60% of our needs, but it is precisely the remaining 40% that allows us to gain a competitive advantage over our competitors with FileMaker.
Since FileMaker Go has been available, you can design an iPad mobile tool in a few clicks! This is great for our business presentations in particular.
We have been using FileMaker for 20 years and this software has supported our growth. It has allowed us, even for a small structure, to be able to organize and process the way we work.
And then we were able to start developing our tool internally.
This is one of the strengths of this tool: being able to directly express your need and put it into practice in the code, without the help of a service provider.
The development value chain is greatly reduced since the people who express the need and the people who develop are the same! We're sure we don't have any misunderstandings!
Of course some developments require the help of professionals, but we are much more comfortable in expressing the request since we know at least how it works under the hood!
The problem with a development tool that can easily be handled by a non-developer is that several people can succeed each other on the code without really documenting it. It is so easy to add functionality, even for average users, that you have to make sure you have a minimum of centralization of information and when you have more time to deal with it, to outsource it.